Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Raising Backyard Chickens - Class in March


Isn't this the cutest picture? Got it on Pinterest. Do you know about Pinterest? Celli told me about it some time ago and I am absolutely loving it. Great bulletin board of ideas, crafts, photos, DIY projects or just keeping tract of "some day" projects. I pin every day with pictures or articles I find interesting and love how I can instantly savie them. Check it out sometime.
Windmill Farm will be providing a class on Raising Backyard Chickens March 3, 2012 from 10:00 - 12:30pm. There is a huge interest in people having their own chickens but need the basic knowledge on the how to get started and what should I know about it.
I have had chickens pretty much all of my adult life and wherever we lived. My friend, Tina who owns Happy Chick Farm will be co-instructor with me for the class. Tina raises 100s of chicks each year and throughout the year and when they are just about ready to lay, she sells time to happy chick owners. Saves the time and expense of caring for baby chicks yourself. She also raises turkeys and meat chickens and has a rescue farm of large farm animals.
The class will provide a well stocked booklet of general information about chicken health; feeding; care; chicken coops and local rules and regulations. I will provide some snacks, drinks and after our 2 hour instruction, we will take a tour out to my chicken coop. Maybe even be able to handle a chicken so you can feel comfortable and see what fun and darling AND entertaining creatures they are. Maybe Tina will bring a few chicks to the class so we can see them and talk about them. The class will be at our farm, here in Gridley and the cost is $20. Email or call windmillfarm@sbcglobal.net - 530-846-3344 if interested and I will sign you up. Please feel free to tell friends and family but space will be limited.
We have started tearing out our hall bathroom. Our house was built around the 1930s and the original hall bath was remodeled sometime in the late 1990s. We have tried to add our remodeling elements to be modern but period to the Arts and Craft style of the house. I will add photos as we continue along. We are in day 2 of the complete tear out.

I had purchased some Narcissus bulbs before Christmas and had plans to give them away as gifts. I put them in my garden shed and just saw them again a few weeks ago but decided to plant in gravel and put them on my window sill and they just took off. The kitchen is smelling so good, love them as they remind me of spring.
Thank you as always for viewing our blog and being interested in Windmill Farm and Country Design.

No comments:

Comments