Saturday, September 16, 2017

USING FARM ANTIQUES TO PLANT SUCCULENTS - AN EASY DIY FUN PROJECT

I think I figured out a way to include videos to my blogs.  In a round-about way, using Youtube, but it seems to work.  I have also been obsessed with taking short videos of our gardens; the outbuildings; anything to do with our farming business and then posting them on our farm Facebook account.  
I have especially loved taking videos of my flowers, growing and finished bouquets.  It seems that just a quick snapshot of an finished arrangement just doesn't do the whole look of it justice.

The project started out with the finding of one galvanized metal farm container at a local antique pop up sale.  My initial idea was to hang it in my office to put pens/pencils, clips, office supplies in it. But it sat in my garage for a couple of weeks because I kept forgetting to ask Frank to drill some holes in it so I could hang it on my wall.
Then one Saturday, Frank and I decided to take a break from all our work at the farm and go for a drive.  We ended up in Marysville and I remembered a friend of mine told me she had an antique shop downtown.  We found the shop and she had a basket full of very similar galvanized bucket/scoop things.  And a bit cheaper, so I purchased 2 more, but really didn't have a clue what to do with them, I just liked the shape.
One day I was trimming back my succulents and thought they might be perfect type of plants to put into these old farm implements.  So I rounded up all the necessary planting items: soil; succulents; moss; rocks; Oasis twine and took the videos.
 
That was Part 1 of the DIY video.

Part 2
Finished Project
I hope you enjoy the DIY videos.  Leave me a comment please.  I know it is hard to figure out how to leave a comment, there is a spot at the bottom of this blog that says "NO COMMENT", which means number of comments.  Click on it and a comment form will pop up.

No comments:

Comments