Sunday, October 2, 2016

Picking Cotton And Pumpkins

How Has Your Week Been?
We have had some time available from not having to worry about watering or weeding.  But the pomegranates are starting to be ready and my fall class schedule is full.
October is filled with lots of fun events.  The fall antique fairs start up and I love those. Gatherings in Willows has one of the best for me, it is set for October 15th. 
On October 6th, I am having my Make Your Own Stromboli class. The class is almost full and can't wait to start rolling out dough, filling it with lushish things, starts at 6-8pm.  Lots of preparation for this class as it will be held inside our house so need to clean off all my counters, have cooking sheets, the fillings, door prizes, drinks, I have a long list.


My friend Sarah and I went pumpkin picking a few days ago.
 I was terrible this year and never got my seeds in the ground.  I am upset with myself because I normally grow enough for local school kids and to sell a few at my stand.  It is my hope, around the middle of the month to have a class on carving out your own pumpkins and filling it with flowers.
 People can take home their completed works.  They get to pick their own flowers from our flower field.



October 13th is our grand daughter Carli's birthday.  She is growing up so fast and is such a smart and beautiful girl.  Frank and I just love her to death.  She got braces recently, getting taller, getting a young girls figure so she has lots of changes happening to her.

 On our way to the field to pick, we went to our favorite nursery, called Garden Gleanings in the little town of Glenn.  Such a hard working gal started it up a few years ago and I have been going there every year.  


She works hard as a single parent and the nursery and her gift items are just getting better and better.  We happened to mention I was looking for raw cotton cut from the fields.  Glenn has several growers and we thought she may know one.  Of course, she did, got texting and set up for us to pick up cotton after we return from picking pumpkins.
We stopped by on our way back and there it was, a pile of cotton just cut.  And a telephone number of the family that grows it.  I am just in the land of cotton!!!  I wanted some for myself, but also to use in our December Wreath Making Class and possibly use some in fall arrangements for customers.  We also cut some corn stalks while we were at the pumpkin field so my truck was filled with wonderful items to decorate for fall.

Our son-in-law Chris has a birthday this month too.  We are so blessed to have him in our lives, our grand children adore him, he is involved in all their activities, helps out Celli in their home, a great provider and a really fun and nice guy. We love him very much.
Then there is the end of the month activities, flower arrangements in pumpkins, Halloween.
Hope you can attend a few of our classes here at Windmill Farm or follow them right here on my blog.  I am working on video taping lately with my new phone so someday, I may even attach a short clip!!!  Old dogs learning new tricks.
Happy October!

No comments:

Comments