Sunday, May 5, 2013

Strawberry Season-Baking Class a Success-Upholstery.Slipcover Class Coming Up Next

Hello again from Windmill Farm-
I picked strawberries until my back was too sore and then the next day picked more.  I just didn't have time to do any jam so I cleaned them all up and put them ready to go in the freezer.

The baking bread class here at the farm was so wonderful, you missed something if you didn't attend. Jackie Whitnack made us home made Quick Biscuits. She had baked a batch just before the class started and then made one in front of the class while it was cooking. When ready, I had fresh honey, butter and my own pomegranate jelly put up last year from our own pomegranates; ready to spread on the hot rolls right from the oven, yum yum. Then she made yeast breads, yeast rolls and quick Irish bread. She just took the mystery out about yeast and made it all look easy and fun to make for your family. We were all so full after tasting all those hot breads. I wanted to especially thank Katie F.  She has been a member of our CSA farm since the first year we started.  And she has attended almost every single class, spa, event we have had at our farm.  She is such an adorable young woman and we feel so blessed to have her as a friend and supporter of all that we do here at the farm.  Melissa A. is another wonderful young woman who is an avid attender and supporter of Windmill Farm activities.  If I don't see or hear from all of our farm "friends" either by email or Facebook I miss them.

 
Still openings in the next classes-Upholster/Slipcover class May 11th 10-12:30pm. And the Discover How to Do Genealogy class May 15th - 5:30-7:30pm.  Call me if interested.
I wanted to thank a lovely lady who works at the Butte County Health Department who was very helpful in my process to obtain the Cottage Bill Food Permit.  So I picked her a lovely bouquet of hydrangeas and peonies + some other things blooming.  Wrapped the container with burlap and delivered it.  Some people just take the time to be so helpful.
 
 
Tractor Supply has teamed up with Jonsered to be the exclusive retailer of their branded products within the United States. Jonsered invented chainsaws and is one of the world¿s most respected brands of power equipment, with a range of products for both professionals and occasional users.  I went to the store the other day and had so much fun browsing around in the feed section and the garden section.  They still have bulbs and seeds available and some great gardening tools.  Check them out!!!
We are getting anxious to start our CSA season.  My members are so super.  Cherries are showing red, turnips and beets are getting big; lettuce is looking great.  Won't be long soon before we start.
Until next time, thank you for coming back to our little farm blog.


 

No comments:

Comments